Downloads of v 5.5.0
Classes to serialize, deserialize and validate OData payloads. Enables construction of OData producers and consumers.
Targets .NET 4.0 or Silverlight 4.0.
Localized for CHS, CHT, DEU, ESN, FRA, ITA, JPN, KOR and RUS.
To install ODataLib, run the following command in the Package Manager Console
PM> Install-Package Microsoft.Data.OData
With this release, the URI Parser in ODataLib is nearly complete. The URI Parser is now capable of parsing nearly every URI supported by the current OData stacks at Microsoft (Web API and WCF Data Services).
Public Data Source Providers
We frequently get requests to make the data source providers in WCF Data Services public. Making these providers public enables a number of profoundly interesting scenarios ranging from changing the behavior of an existing provider to adding support for features we don't currently support. The work completed in this release will allow limited modifications of the existing providers. We plan to enable more scenarios here in the future.
We constantly strive to improve performance and reliability with every release. In this release, we have increased performance by double digit percentages for service authors that want to respond with JSON but are not able to (or don't want to) provide a data model to ODataLib.
Improved Developer Experience
In this release we have caught up with some missing IntelliSense guidance and we are uploading symbols and source to SymbolSource.org. We will upload symbols for many of our past releases as well.
In addition to the features above, we have included fixes for the following notable bugs:
- Fixes an issue where the reflection provider would not work properly if the generic parameter provided to DataService<T> was an interface
- Fixes an issue where some system headers were not being set when a client called BuildingRequest
- Fixes an issue where setting InstanceContextMode to Single on DataService would result in cache result being returned for subsequent requests
- Fixes an issue where ODataLib would sometimes allow null to be written whether or not the expected type was nullable
- Fixes a regression in 5.4 where ODataLib started writing unnecessary type information in certain instances
- Fixes an issue where the WCF DS client would sometimes not dispose the response if the response had no content
- Improves a number of errors and error messages
|ODataLib 5.5.0||9486||Thursday, May 30 2013|
|ODataLib 5.5.0-rc1||558||Tuesday, May 14 2013|
|ODataLib 5.5.0-alpha2||1415||Friday, April 26 2013|
|ODataLib 5.5.0-alpha1||319||Tuesday, April 09 2013|
|ODataLib 5.4.0||21120||Tuesday, April 02 2013|
|ODataLib 5.4.0-rc1||296||Tuesday, March 19 2013|
|ODataLib 5.3.0||16057||Monday, February 18 2013|
|ODataLib 5.3.0-rc1||976||Thursday, January 31 2013|
|ODataLib 5.2.0||81244||Monday, December 17 2012|
|ODataLib 5.2.0-rc1||7869||Monday, December 03 2012|
|ODataLib 5.1.0||13541||Wednesday, November 07 2012|
|ODataLib 5.1.0-rc2||7441||Friday, September 21 2012|
|ODataLib 5.1.0-rc1||1199||Wednesday, July 11 2012|
|ODataLib 5.0.2||43106||Wednesday, August 29 2012|
|ODataLib 5.0.2-rc||125||Wednesday, August 15 2012|
|ODataLib 5.0.1||14081||Friday, May 18 2012|
|ODataLib 5.0.1-rc||223||Tuesday, May 08 2012|
|ODataLib 126.96.36.199403||634||Wednesday, April 11 2012|